FreeRadius works, but i cant connect with WIndows!

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Fri Jun 15 12:08:52 CEST 2018

>> read:fatal:unknown CA Wed Jun 13 11:31:11 2018 : Auth: (203) Login
>> incorrect (eap_peap: TLS Alert read:fatal:unknown CA):
>
>> [host/NB-Praktikant01.svg.de/<via Auth-Type = eap>] (from client
>> SVG_EDV1 port 0 cli 74-E5-F9-83-97-3A)
>

> I cant conect to WLAN with my Mac or Windows, it just work with Mobile Phones ;/ What can i do?

It does not work on your mobile phones.

Maybe you can *connect* with your mobile phone, but there's more to
"working":

Your device must be sure to send its configured username and password
only to the authorised server of your organisation, not a random
third-party (attacker).

To that end, you have to configure on your client device *which server*
from *which CA* you expect.

In your phone example, you have configured none of that and while you
successfully send your password to your server (and can connect), your
device would just as well send the password to someone else's server
(who will also connect you, but collect your password in the process).

The error message above is actually a GoodThing(tm): the client tells
you that it does not trust you - because of missing or incorrect
certificate information.

Stefan

--
Stefan WINTER