Different DHCP Pools based on User

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Jun 16 13:51:58 CEST 2018

On Jun 16, 2018, at 6:34 AM, Paul via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
> All Users are authenticated via Radius by an Access-Point (without own
> DHCP Server) and need IPs from different Pools.
>
> I would like to realize this via FreeRadius DHCP.

  That's possible.

> So the FreeRadius Authentication-Server remembers the User with
> associated MAC and if the user requests a IP from the FreeRadius DHCP it
> would assign the user one from the specified pool

  When you say "FreeRADIUS remembers the user with associated MAC", what that means is "write the username and MAC to a database".

  Then, when FreeRADIUS receives a DHCP request with that MAC, it can use that to look up the user.  And then apply the pool information.

  Which database do you want to use?  FreeRADIUS doesn't have an in-memory database, so you will need to use something like SQL or Redis.