Confirming understanding of the rlm_rest module

Andris Bjornson andris at everylayer.com
Thu Jun 21 16:05:16 CEST 2018

I'm looking into options for integrating freeradius with my own external
software.

I see that there is the rlm_rest module - from reviewing it's docs, I
believe I understand that this would allow me to have my freeradius
server(s) relay auth and/or accounting requests to my own external systems
by calling api endpoints on the external systems.

I believe I understand there is no native ability in freeradius to expose
its own HTTP endpoint that external systems could call to do things like
add/modify/delete users and trigger freeradius CoA requests.

Is this correct?

Thanks for your help!

Andris

---