Stripping the calling station id

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jun 22 13:32:34 CEST 2018

On Jun 22, 2018, at 7:27 AM, Kefi Ammar . <kefiammar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Could someone help me to strip the calling station id recieved in the
> request to use it later for the checkval module.
>
> I am applying the mac authentication using checkval but the problem is that
> I am recieving a long calling station id containing the mac address.
>
> this is an exemple of the calling station id recieved : lag-50:1201.0#BNG
> Kasbah###pppoe 94:a7:b7:3e:93:5b#

  That's not normally the recommended form.  But NAS vendors are inventive.  <sigh>

  The NAS-Port-ID attribute should really be used for that kind of information.

> its always in this format and I only want to extract the mac address from
> it. I dont know if it can be achieved using unlang or anything else.

  Use a regular expression:

	update request {
		NAS-Port-Id += &Calling-Station-ID
	}

	if (Calling-Station-Id =~ /pppoe ([^#]+#/) {
		update request {
			Calling-Station-ID := "${1}"

  You'll have to modify it for your needs, but that's the basic idea.