right tutorial

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Fri Jun 22 14:06:59 CEST 2018

> On Jun 22, 2018, at 7:48 AM, Dom Latter <freeradius-users at latter.org> wrote:
>
> On 22/06/18 08:33, Javier Escalante wrote:
>> Could somebody tell us which tutorial /wiki can we follow in order to
>> properly configure freeradius 3.0.16?
>
> There's this:
>
> https://wiki.freeradius.org/Home
>
> This is out of date but may help explain some of the concepts:
>
> http://yustanto.com/freeradius.pdf
>
> This I believe explains the changes since that book was produced:
>
> https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/v3.0.x/raddb/README.rst

Oh there are a whole bunch, the first two links in the wiki do a pretty good job of explaining the basics.  But when you don't state anything about your intended use case, and expect other list users to elicit requirements from you, it comes across as pretty lazy and entitled.

The mailing list serves as a resource for people wanting advice for different deployment scenarios, or who need answers at a greater level of technical detail than the inline comments and other contributed/official documentation provides.

The idea is that as it's indexed, it forms part of the documentation of the server, which benefits everyone.  By asking non-specific and impossibly general questions, the OP provides no benefit to the community.

-Arran