No subject

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jun 26 02:51:59 CEST 2018

On Jun 25, 2018, at 8:10 PM, Hailun Tan <dearambermini at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think my problem is related to the following thread a couple of years ago:
>
> http://freeradius.1045715.n5.nabble.com/ssh-authentication-failed-problem-use-freeradius-amp-pam-radius-td5687733.html
>
> However, in the link above, no one has ever mentioned how to configurate
> PAM to read the password from the conversation function correctly?

  You don't.

  The problem is that ANOTHER PAM module is failing.  So the PAM libraries are mangling the password.

  There is NOTHING you can do to FreeRADIUS or pam_radius_auth to fix the problem.

  You MUST modify the PAM configuration on the client machine to remove the problem PAM module.

> The replies kept saying modifying PAM modules instead of
> pam_radius_auth.so. But to be honest, the pam_radius_auth.c is one of the
> customized PAM modules. If pam_radius_auth.so is not the one to be
> modified, which one should be? No one has ever given any answers to that...

  The answers in the link you posted are pretty clear.

> I hate asking the same question repeatedly. However,  unless a viable
> solution is given, these  question will keep popping back to the mail list.
> So for those free radius gurus, please advise how to fix it even though it
> might not directly be related to free radius.

  Fix the PAM configuration on the client.  The link you posted says this.

  How to fix it?  I don't know... go ask the PAM people how their software works.