[EXTERNAL] best practice for user permissions

Winfield, Alister Alister.Winfield at sky.uk
Wed Jun 27 12:58:25 CEST 2018

Personally I'd avoid the users file its too hard to understand what its intent is.

What is best sometimes depends upon how complex the optionality is just like any programming / policy design.

For example if this is very simplistic then the group name could be used to select a profile from LDAP which in turn contains the attributes you want to add to the response. That kind of mechanism makes the policy essentially data driven but can get out of hand if there are too many 'options' requiring distinct profiles. (This is similar to the files mechanism if a tiny bit more obvious as to what is going on).