Freeradius 3.0.16 DHCP static IP assignment

Wessel de Schrijver wessel.de.schrijver at simservices.com
Tue Mar 20 12:18:29 CET 2018

 Dear team Freeradius,

We're testing the new Freeradius 3.0.16 server software for assigning
static IP's, this works perfectly using the Radius protocol, though we have
an IP flow coming in our production network where clients are using DHCP.

We would like to use Freeradius because we can setup just one server which
will deal with all the assignments so we can use just one MYSQL data table
and doesn't need to restart any services when changes are made.

I've seen a guide for setting this up:
https://wiki.freeradius.org/guide/dhcp-for-static-ip-allocation

But it's referring to Freeradius 2.2.0, I would like to know if there is
any information available to do the same with Freeradius 3.0.16.

*Met vriendelijke groet, kind regards,*

*Wessel de Schrijver*
*Technisch Beheerder - **Technical Engineer*

<https://secure.helpscout.net/mailbox/24be88c0645281b5/new-ticket/170166/www.simservices.com>