Dynamic Vlan with 802.1x and mac adress

Yaël Rozanes irozanes387 at hotmail.fr
Tue Mar 20 17:56:38 CET 2018

>Generally what is done is to use just 802.1x authentication alone, and create rules
>based on the Calling-Station-Id attribute which will contain some rendition of
>your MAC address.

I think I understand what you recommend, for now I authenticate my supplicant with an id/mdp couple ( that I get on a Ldap server) in EAP-TTLS but I would have liked to do the same with only the mac address using for example a MySQL database

If I understand correctly, you advise me to use another field of my ldap which would contain my @mac and to link it to the attribute "Calling-Station-Id"?

Thanks for your anwser and excuse me for grammar errors, I'm still learning :D