User-Name Modification Assistance

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri May 11 18:07:12 CEST 2018

On May 11, 2018, at 12:02 PM, Jeremy Lundquist <pmudan01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Let me add an updated Debug output to be thorough:

  Reading it, and my messages would help.

  The reason there's no User-Password in the request is because the NAS is doing EAP.

  As I said before, it's doing EAP-MD5.  And EAP-MD5 is failing because the password is wrong.

  Stop trying to create a User-Password.  It's not necessary.  Test PAP with radclient.  It should work.

  EAP-MD5 is basically CHAP.  So if the user enters the same password as what's in the DB, it *will* work.

  The only reason it won't work is that the passwords *are not the same*.