Freeradius 3.0.17 and elasticsearch

Matthew Newton mcn at freeradius.org
Mon May 14 19:18:20 CEST 2018

On Mon, 2018-05-14 at 17:58 +0100, Bassem Mettichi wrote:
> i have imported the dashbord on kibana but i have this error message:
>
> Could not locate that visualization (id:
> RADIUS-accounting-packets-histogram)
> Could not locate that visualization (id: RADIUS-unique-User-Name-by-
> day)
> Could not locate that visualization (id:
> RADIUS-table-topN-data-transferred-by-User-Name)

What versions?

The examples were created for Kibana 4 (and tested to work on Kibana
5), but it's very possible they don't work on Kibana 6. The
Elasticsearch stack tend to move forwards pretty fast, so it wouldn't
suprise me if the kibana dashboards don't work as-is any more.

IIRC you *might* need to import the kibana config twice, as it might
not get dependencies correct the first time (so not be able to find the
visualisations for the dashboard, as you've seen).

> root at buildfr logstash]# systemctl status logstash
> ● logstash.service - logstash
>    Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/logstash.service; enabled;
> vendor
> preset: disabled)
>    Active: active (running) since Mon 2018-05-14 16:57:24 UTC; 18s
> ago
>  Main PID: 24637 (java)

So, have you checked if any data is actually getting into
elasticsearch? Use the _cat and search APIs to have a look to make sure
the data is arriving. Or just use the discover page in Kibana.

Assuming the data is arriving, building a new dashboard should be
pretty straightforward.

--
Matthew