response sent after do_not_respond called

Alberto Martínez Setién alberto.martinez at deusto.es
Thu May 17 11:13:39 CEST 2018

Hi all,

Thanks to this thread I discovered the do_not_respond policy, but similarly
to the OP issue, we have a use case that would require the do_not_respond
policy to be used in post-auth.

We set a EAP submodule which presents a bogus certificate and, while some
supplicants drop the auth attempt, others (like Android and Windows 7)
continue in a way that provokes the FR server to send an Access-Reject
packet.
Android just attempts the auth a bit later. That's okay.
Windows 7 prompts the user with the creds input window. This is not okay.
We are actually avoiding doing this to Windows 7 supplicants.
We would want the server to drop the Access-Reject packet as if
communication was lost so Windows 7 never asks for new credentials in this
situation.

Could this be in 3.0.x some time?

Regards.

El mar., 8 may. 2018 a las 16:42, Alan DeKok (<aland at deployingradius.com>)
escribió:

> On May 4, 2018, at 1:59 AM, Geoffrey D. Bennett <g at netcraft.com.au> wrote:
> > Thanks for the pointer. Please find attached a patch relative to
> > v3.0.x. Is this the right way to go about it?
>
>   Sort of.  The patch checks for it *always*, when I think it's only
> really needed for Access-Reject packets.
>
>   I'll take a look.
>
>   Alan DeKok.
>

> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See