Rewrite Rule

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Nov 1 01:54:18 CET 2018

On Oct 31, 2018, at 8:45 PM, Maile Halatuituia <maile.halatuituia at tcc.to> wrote:

> Hi I have this Cisco-AVPair = "acct-input-octets-ipv6=xxx" on my radius acct-request packet coming from my Cisco BRAS.
> I want to rewrite it to something like this acct-input-octets-ipv6=xxx on my preacct section of my default server (/etc/freeradius/sites-available/default) config and update my request .....
> I have this policy already
>
> if( &Cisco-AVPair[*]=~/\(acct-input-octets-ipv6\)=\(\d+)/ ) {

  That won't work.  You can't use [*] to look at *all* Cisco-AVPair attributes.

>                        update request {
>                                &acct-input-octets-ipv6 := "%{2}"

  That won't work, either.  "acct-input-octets-ipv6" isn't a RADIUS attribute.

  You can't just make up names and expect that they do what you want.  The dictionaries (and what they do) is well documented.

> But seems it doing nothing. Maybe my regex above is wrong or something but that's why I ask .
> Here is the portion of my freeradius -X I think it is relevant to this question.

  Which doesn't include the packet received by the server.

  There *is* documentation that says what we need on the mailing list.  You get a link to that documentation when you subscribe to the mailing list.