Re: MSCHAPv2 Module with Stripped-Username - no ActiveDirectory

Markus Maurer lists at v-net.tk
Sun Nov 11 21:26:39 CET 2018

I understand the problem, but I can't believe that there is no workaround. It's just because freeradius can't handle the stripped username in eap, thats all.
So please explain me why it's working with AD then?

Am Sonntag, November 11, 2018 20:42 CET, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> schrieb:
 On Nov 11, 2018, at 12:14 PM, Markus Maurer <lists at v-net.tk> wrote:

> I just need an external script which makes the mschap calculation, thats all, so I could use a stripped username

FreeRADIUS can do the MS-CHAP calculation. That's what FreeRADIUS *does*.

And I think I've explained this subject enough. Either you're not paying attention, or you're not understanding me.

Adding an external script won't change anything. The MS-CHAP calculations are well understood. Their inputs are understood. Their outputs are understood. There is no magical possibility of "adding an external script" and suddenly something *works* when it was impossible to do with FreeRADIUS. Things just don't work like that.

Stop trying to "work around" the problem. Spend time *understanding* the problem. You will then see either that what you want to do is impossible, *or* it can be done with FreeRADIUS

Alan DeKok.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

--