Chargeable-User-Identity

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Nov 13 22:41:40 CET 2018

On Nov 13, 2018, at 1:15 PM, adrian.p.smith at bt.com wrote:

> The issue I have is when values are passed to the REST module and how they end up looking.
>
> Octets come over as HEX but strings are much more user friendly.

  If the attribute is "octets", then it's a binary string.  The only safe thing to do is to treat it as a hex string.

> Unless I'm doing something wrong?

  You can copy the value of Chargeable-User-Identity to a "string" attribute, and then use that.

  When the REST module uses the "string", any binary data will be escaped via normal string escaping rules.

> Are there any risks associated with me updating the dictionary to make it "string" ?

  Don't mangle the default dictionaries.  It will break all kinds of things in the server.

  In v4, we're putting additional checks in to catch this kind of thing.