FreeRadius 3.0.11 [Best method to log access accept requests to DB]

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Mon Nov 19 13:57:19 CET 2018

what a jackass

On 19/11/2018 22:28, Song Zou via Freeradius-Users wrote:

> please don't send email
>
> On Nov 19, 2018, at 20:23, Song Zou via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
>
>> please don't send email
>>
>> On Nov 15, 2018, at 17:34, Ibrahim Nezar Al-Mahfooz via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We are trying to log users access accept requests in a database for later
>> statistics and analysis for the network. Firstly, we accomplished this
>> requirement using the post-auth section by using sql module to inserting
>> users request and it worked perfectly, however, and obviously, if the
>> database is down for any reason, the radius won't process further requests
>> which will prevent users from authentication.
>>
>> So we are wondering if there is any method to log radius accept request in
>> a similar fashion like "Post-Auth-Type REJECT" where we noticed that
>> FreeRadius can keep accepting radius requests and tolerate DB failures.
>>
>> Ibrahim
>>
>> --
>> -

Kind Regards,

Noel Butler

 		This Email, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged
information, therefore remains confidential and subject to copyright
protected under international law. You may not disseminate, discuss, or
reveal, any part, to anyone, without the authors express written
authority to do so. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
the sender then delete all copies of this message including attachments,
immediately. Confidentiality, copyright, and legal privilege are not
waived or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery of this message. Only
PDF [1] and ODF [2] documents accepted, please do not send proprietary
formatted documents

Links:
------
[1] http://www.adobe.com/