Load Balance FreeRadius

oscar at jofre.com oscar at jofre.com
Wed Nov 21 15:49:05 CET 2018

Hi,

Actually I have a free radius on a centos connected to a mariadb database to
give Access to hotspot users.

I'm planning to move the freeradius to AWS and I would like to build 2
freeradius instances and 1 database instance.

The idea is that when a paket is sent the balancer sends to one freeradius
and the freeradius query or update the database and send response.

The when a next packet is sent the balancer sends to the second freeradius
and that query or update the database and send response..

So both freeradius instances uses the same database ..

Maybe it does not have sense because probably the freeradius is not the slow
part so build 2 instances to handle the traffic won't work . the database
should be the slower part here.

Is it possible Theatrically ?

Does it has sense to do this schema ?

What about freeradius on AWS ?