Use 2 modules to auth together.

luckydog xf luckydogxf at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 16:00:30 CET 2018

Thank, Alan, you enlighten me.

Turns out  NAS( my VPN) does not support Access-Challenge.  Googled and
found  that Challenge seems to be a speical access-request  packet with the
Code field set to 11. So can I make the conclusion that  it would send an
access-quest again?  in other words, start a new authentication process
like another normal request with an exception that State attribute exists.

Let me suppose my VPN supports Access-Challenge, so my configuation is
something like:
-------------------------------

authorize {
      # The first auth does not have any State attribute.
      if (!State) {
                # MS-CHAP has no User-Password, so it's true.
                if (!User-Password )  {
                        # If !State and User-Password is null, then
goes to MS-CHAP:
                        update  {
                                &control:Auth-Type := MS-CHAP

              else { reject }

      # Make sure it does not contain any other attributes except State.

     else {

            update {

             # IS THIS PART CORRECT ? I think so, as a new request is
issued by challage, so it would start over from top to buttom to walk
throught the entire process.

                &control:Auth-Type := MY_OWN_OTP_AUTH

authentication {

      Auth-Type MS-CHAP {
               mschap
               if (ok) {
                       update reply {
                               # Create a random State attribute:
                               State := "%{randstr:XXXXXXXXXXXXX}"
                               Reply-Message := "Please type your OTP:"
                       }
                       # Return Access-Challenge, goes to the 2nd auth.

                       # IS IT the correct way to raise a challange?
                       challenge

}

 Please help me to take a look at  configuration above, two questions:

1. Is else part correct?  which will use my own python auth module
2. Is it correct to raise a challenge using 'challenge' filter of
FreeRADIUS?

Thanks again.