Redundant LDAP servers in /etc/freeradius/modules/ldap

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Nov 28 14:55:38 CET 2018

On Nov 28, 2018, at 8:43 AM, Tom Yard <tomyyard at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Alan, thanks for your help.

  Apparently not, because you have asked exactly the same questions again.

> I have two questions now:
>
> 1)  There are no commas at all in my definition in
> /etc/freeradius/modules/ldap:
>
> ldap {
>        server = "server1.company.com"
>        server = "server2.company.com"
> }

  I'm well aware there's no commas.  Do you think I didn't read your message?

  I told you what to do.  Why not follow instructions?  Do you think if you ask nicely *many* times, I will go "nah, you're right, I lied to you.  You CAN use multiple 'server' entries despite all documentation to the contrary".

> 2) The failover mechanism works in Freeradius 2.2.5 ?

  I told you to use it.  Why ask the question again?

  Where does this end?  How many times should I answer the same question before you believe me?

Q: does it work?