mschap and ldap issue

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Oct 3 13:23:17 CEST 2018

On Oct 3, 2018, at 5:20 AM, Amstaff zg <amstaff.zg at gmail.com> wrote:
> My ldap is openldap, passwords in are plain text in field
> userPassword. record in ldap is inetOrgPerson.
>
> Debug otput is attached.

  You didn't read the wiki page.  Go back and read it:

http://wiki.freeradius.org/list-help

  Sending the output of "radiusd -Xx" is not helpful.

  Attaching it as a separate, non-text file is not helpful.

 When you make it hard for us to help you, we're less likely to help you.

  And if you *read* the debug output, you will see that there are essentially no references to the "ldap" module.  When we say "post the debug output", we also mean that *you* should read it.  And think carefully about what it says.  It's not that difficult.  No references to "ldap" means that it's not using ldap.

  i.e. you didn't configure FreeRADIUS to query the LDAP server.

  Read sites-available/default, and look for "ldap".