IOS authenticaton failures

Tim Holtzen tah at nebrwesleyan.edu
Thu Oct 4 18:04:22 CEST 2018

We've been experiencing this issue for about the last month.  It seems
to affect mostly Apple IOS devices.  The user gets the message that
their password is incorrect even though it is not.  Shutting off the
wireless on the device and turning it back on has no effect.  However if
you power down the device completely and then power it back up it
immediately connects to the wireless network.  When roaming to the next
wireless AP the issue may or may not return.  Since we are using
WPA-Enterprise with Freeradius for authentication I'm wondering if we
are hitting some kind of session management issue where powering down
the device forces a new session to be initiated.  Has anyone else seen
anything similar?

--

Timothy A. Holtzen
Campus Network Administrator