Freeradius 3.0.15 Fair Usage Policy doesn't work

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Oct 10 15:47:01 CEST 2018

On Oct 10, 2018, at 9:17 AM, Görkem İnanç Korkmaz <gorkeminanckorkmaz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Result is interesting, when user pass over his quota (10MB), user can still
> keep going to use internet. Nothing changed while user is connected.

  Yes.  That's how RADIUS works.

  If the NAS supports a "total download limit" attribute, then you can use that.  See the NAS documentation for more details.

  But, there is no such attribute in RADIUS by default.

  What you *can* do is key off of the accounting messages.  If you see that they've used more than their limit, then send a CoA packet to kick them offline, *or* to change their rate limit.

  See sites-available/originate-coa for more documentation.

> But If the user logout, He try to login again reply message deployed when
> he logged in. After than user can get the new speed limit for his session.
> I don't want to do this. I think it must be automatically.

  RADIUS doesn't work like that.

> I want to send CoA reqeust to Mikrotik NAS client for change the user speed
> limit automatically. How can I achive that?

  Read sites-available/originate-coa

> Is there anyone figure out, that how to do ?
>
> Here is my debug output:
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ClT3D291tO6GXf9L6VPJ1h1ZTsizFUhu
>

> Also there one more question, in my debug output that i realized. When I
> add the dailyquota freeradius, it automatically add the
> reply_name=Session-Timeout to counter. So I looked on the Mikrotik router
> of the users session timeout is deployed My-Total-Limit value as the time
> 10000000 seconds (almost 116 day)
>
> How can I solve this problem, Is there anyone figure out, how it should be
> done?

  The sqlcounter module is intended to count time, not bandwidth.