Freeradius REST module Authentication problem - freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org

Görkem İnanç Korkmaz gorkeminanckorkmaz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 16:01:34 CEST 2018

Hello everyone,

I have a problem to authentication with REST module. I enable the rest
module and added the rest to sites-enabled/default file

1- enabled the rest module

ln -s ../mods-available/rest /etc/freeradius/mods-enabled/rest

2- changed the url of rest

connect_uri = "http://10.0.0.20/"

3- add the rest into
nano /etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/default

authorize {
rest
}

authenticate {
rest
}

accounting {
rest
}

post-auth {
rest
}

My basic configuration is like that, when I send the get request by Postman
tool, I am getting 404 Bad Request.

GET
http://10.0.0.20/user/%{User-Name}/mac/%{Called-Station-ID}?action=authenticate

I read the documents below, but I didn't get it

https://networkradius.com/doc/3.0.10/raddb/mods-available/rest.html
https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/v3.0.x/raddb/mods-available/rest

I didn't underestand exatly how to use rest module of freeradius 3.0.15 on
Ubuntu 16.04. I just need to authenticate users and record the users to
database via rest API. Apache and PHP already installed on the server.

Are there any other requirement ?

Thanks in advance,

Görkem İnanç KORKMAZ
Junior System Engineer