Dynamic session timeout

Sam T givemesam at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 19:25:41 CEST 2018

Hey there

I was wondering if you could help me with some logic

I'm working with some pretty limited attributes on some APs. They support
radius, but only these attributes:

Session-timeout
Idle-timeout
Bandwidth-up
Bandwidth-down

It sadly doesn't understand WISPr-Session-Terminate-Time

Our application needs to timeout a user account and all devices with
activate sessions on that account at a specific time. Our  Service is
offered monthly and are unlimited data.

Is SQL counter or some other module able to send session timeout
dynamically on the fly to accounts for a session that should only be 200min
vs 1440 for an session that needs to expire at a specific moment on all
devices?

I was thinking to make a sql query script to do a Delta calculation between
now and WISPr-Session-Terminate-Time and if that number is less than
session-timeout, to use that value.

I feel like there may be a module in freeradius that may do this but I
could not figure if SQL counter does this.

Any tips in what direction to go would be great!