Radius Attribute

Maile Halatuituia maile.halatuituia at tcc.to
Sun Oct 14 21:52:43 CEST 2018

Hi Alan
Sorry for my first post I am new to the list and I did not read the info before I send my question. I hope this reply can help make that right.
Here is what I want to do.
I already have an IPv4 PPPoE Setup working ok. And I want to add IPv6 alongside as dual stack. Everything is working fine but I want to confirm the octets counter. What we do with ipv4 is calculate the usage based on the attribute below send from our Router to the FreeRadius ACCt Server.

Acct-Input-Octets=xxx
Acct-Output-Octets=xxx

Now with IPv6 enable I also see extra Cisco AVPair send from the BRAS to the Radius ACCt Server listed below

Cisco-AVPair = "acct-input-octets-ipv6=xxx"
 Cisco-AVPair = "acct-output-octets-ipv6=xxx"

My question is should I add up these two counters for the total user usage or the ipv6 counter is already include on the previous two counters (Acct-Input-Octets and Acct-Output-Octets) for the total cdr.

I hope this makes sense.

Thank You Once Again.
ICT Team.