DB valid fields

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Oct 20 00:27:52 CEST 2018

In Oct 19, 2018, at 5:44 PM, Stephen <kbaegis at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have no idea what you're talking about.

  It helps to understand how RADIUS works.  And to assume that you can learn from the people who are trying to help you.

> This is my own environment
> with no vendor support. I'm using dd-wrt with freeradius as well as
> strongswan with freeradius, so the "calling station" is just dd-wrt/WPA2
> Enterprise, or alternatively strongswan/eap-tls with MacOS, Linux and
> Windows clients.

  Then read the documentation for that product to see what it takes.

  As for your original question:

>  I would love to
> know where the documentation for the acceptable radreply entries is.

  This question shows a fundamental misconception on how RADIUS works.  The short answer is that for FreeRADIUS, *all* attributes can go into the radreply table.  We don't care.  The documentation makes this fairly clear.

  i.e. the documentation describes how to use the SQL module and how it works.  The documentation does *not* contain every possible configuration for every possible situation.

  And yes, that's what you were asking for:

> Aside from the limited and anecdotal references found there to fields
> like `Framed-IP-Address`, where can I find a comprehensive accounting of
> the attributes and values I can leverage in my radreply table?

  No such table exists.  It's up to *you* to read the documentation for the NAS to see what attributes it takes.  Asking for such "comprehensive" documentation again shows a misunderstanding of how things work.

  And, a snide comment of "limited and anecdotal references found" is just not appropriate.  We don't document what Framed-IP-Address is, or what it does.  That documentation lies elsewhere.

  Similarly, we don't document every possible use of every possible attribute.  Would you ask a car manufacturer for detailed specifications of every possible tire that goes on the car?  Along with tire-specific instructions for mounting, care, etc.?  No?

  Then by the same logic, it's not appropriate to ask us for documentation on every possible attribute.