Post-Auth LDAP with computer names rather than usernames

Kevin Virk Kevin.Virk at faithlife.com
Mon Oct 22 18:05:04 CEST 2018

I recently sparked a discussion regarding post-auth with computer names rather than usernames and I did not include complete information, my apologies. I am currently using EAP-TLS and have crafted certificates based on usernames. Alan had responded saying that post-auth via Ldap was possible if you make certs with workstations names included. I can do this my question is then does the stripped username take the computer name and then do my ldap queries just need to change to check workstation groups rather than security groups ? Thank you in advance for any help.