help

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Oct 25 17:12:25 CEST 2018

On Oct 25, 2018, at 9:30 AM, Diwakar Bhardwaj <diwakarb347 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm just trying to use Redis DB with radius server by default it uses MySQL
> server for authentication and authorization. I tried by changing the
> default config (used redis instead of sql) but it didn't work, it complains
> like "*redis" modules aren't allowed in 'authorization' sections -- they
> have no such method*".

  Yes.  The redis module documentation doesn't say that it can be used in the "authorize" section.

  On top of that, redis is an unstructured database.  The default SQL schema in FreeRADIUS is structured.

  So what data do you want to get from Redis?  How should FreeRADIUS get that data?

> I am just wanted to know What are the config changes
> are required for that? I haven't found any such documentation that explains
> it.

  Because it's not possible.

  The server contains extensive documentation on how it works, and what the modules do.  If the documentation doesn't say "here's how to do something with the module", then the module can't do that thing.