Unable to start radiusd v 3.0.17

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Sep 6 12:57:46 CEST 2018

On Sep 6, 2018, at 1:52 AM, Burn Zero <burnzerog at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am unable to start radiusd. I get the below error
>
> "tls: Failed changing permissions on /var/run/radiusd: Operation not
> permitted"

  The directory needs to exist, and needs to be owned by the UID /GID used by the RADIUS server.  And, the permissions need to be 0700

  This is all documented in the comments around the "tmp_dir" configuration in the "eap" module.

> I went and checked that radiusd doesn't create directory /var/run/radiusd
> while starting. Even if I manually create, it gets deleted.
>
> How I do solve this?

  Follow the default configuration.  Use a directory *other* than /var/run/radiusd for "tmp_dir".  Maybe raddb/run/radiusd/tls/

  And read the comments.  Read the configuration files you're editing.  All of this is documented.