Stale Sessions Freeradius 3.0

Ryan Raamsumair ryan at uwiapartment.com
Thu Sep 6 13:17:30 CEST 2018

Thanks for the swift response
​After doing some checks , something is definitely wrong with some of the accesspoints that were recently put in and outfitted with openwrt . The older ones are sending an idle timeout stop accounting session to the radius server to close the account.

Problem is that the fix the for the wifi driver for these new accesspoints may be long in coming ,
 my only next option is to adjust the radius server to possibly terminate the session that is already logged on (in radacct) when the same mac address or calling station id tries to authenticate again

I tried including the following code in the queries.conf . but i haven't had any positive results or not sure if it would even work . Possibly because it has to go somewhere within one of the other modules ?

query = "\
UPDATE ${....acct_table1} \
SET \
acctstoptime = FROM_UNIXTIME(\
%{integer:Event-Timestamp}), \
acctsessiontime	= '%{integer:Event-Timestamp}' \
- UNIX_TIMESTAMP(acctstarttime), \
acctterminatecause = '%{%{Acct-Terminate-Cause}:-Stale_Session}' \
				WHERE acctstoptime IS NULL \
				AND callingstationid   = ' %{Called-Station-Id}'' \
				AND acctstarttime <= FROM_UNIXTIME(\
					%{integer:Event-Timestamp})"

Thanks again