NAS-Port / radwho

Hans-Christian Esperer hc at hcesperer.org
Sat Sep 8 20:17:22 CEST 2018

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 08, 2018 at 08:56:45AM -0400, Alan DeKok wrote:

>   If you don't want to do that, you can edit the NAS-Port attribute.  If the NAS always sends it as zero, why not change it to something else?  You'll need to change it consistently, i.e. not via a random number.  Perhaps changing it to an MD5 hash of the username might be OK...

Thank you *very much* for the suggestion! That does solve the issue! :-)

I've opened a bug report with the vendor a couple weeks ago, but so far they
didn't change the hostapd...

>   Also, the radutmp file is not scalable.  It requires a linear search to find a user.  Given that it's 2018 and sqlite exists, everyone is much better off using that.

Migrating to SQL eventually sounds good; I didn't even know it was possible to
use SQL for concurrency checks.  I don't have that many users atm, though, so
doing a linear search is probably causing less overhead than using a
b-tree =)

Cheers,
 HC