Simultaneous-Use per Realm

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Sep 10 13:19:29 CEST 2018

On Sep 10, 2018, at 7:13 AM, Gabriel Marais <gabriel.j.marais at gmail.com> wrote:
> We are using Freeradius 2.1.12 with MySQL

  You should really use 2.2.10, if not v3.

> I'm wondering if it is possible to set up the Simultaneous-Use attribute per realm in stead of on a per group basis?

  Yes.  Just check for the realm, and set Simultaneous-Use.

> We currently have a few groups and inside of those groups, realms. Each group has it's own Simultaneous-Use attribute set up but some of the realms inside of those groups now require their own Simultaneous-Use criteria as they differ from the "blanket" group definition.
>
> Is it possible at all?

  Pretty much anything is possible.

  The only issue is that there's no pre-set configuration to do this, like radcheck or radgroupcheck.   So just do it in unlang:

	if (Realm == "foo") {
		update request {
			Simultaneous-Use := 4