Freeradius 3.0.15 x OpenLDAP (auth) x MySQL (acct): Limit Simultaneous Use

Jon Battista jonbattista at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 00:48:58 CEST 2018

> > I have defined the Simultaneous-Use attribute in my Users file like so:
> >  DEFAULT LDAP-Group == "Squad"
> >   Auth-Type := Accept,
> >   Simultaneous-Use := 1
>   No, that's wrong.  You can't just invent syntax and expect it to work.
> You need to read the comments in the file you're editing.  Or, the
> documentation for that file.  Or, the debug output. The debug output *will*
> produce warnings that tell you the above entry is wrong.

Okay, I realized that after I responded.

So I have the following set in my *user (mods-config/files/authorize)* file:

DEFAULT Ldap-Group == "Squad", Simultaneous-Use := 1
   Auth-Type := Accept

What does setting this Check Item do exactly?

Will it call *checkrad *which will query *radgroupcheck* to see if it has
the following entry:

|1 | dialup    | Simultaneous-Use | := | 1|

When is *simul_check_query* called?

I've read through the comments. I am not sure what I am missing.

Thanks,

On Sat, Sep 8, 2018 at 5:49 AM Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> On Sep 7, 2018, at 5:47 PM, Jon Battista <jonbattista at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > All that doc says to do is have SQL in the Session section. It doesn't
> say
> > where to define the Simultaneous-Use attribute.
>
>   Because as I said, it can be set anywhere.
>
> > I have defined the Simultaneous-Use attribute in my Users file like so:
> >  DEFAULT LDAP-Group == "Squad"
> >   Auth-Type := Accept,
> >   Simultaneous-Use := 1
>
>   No, that's wrong.  You can't just invent syntax and expect it to work.
> You need to read the comments in the file you're editing.  Or, the
> documentation for that file.  Or, the debug output. The debug output *will*
> produce warnings that tell you the above entry is wrong.
>
>   Alan DeKok.
>

> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

-- Jon