WPA2-Entreprise: which certificate to avoid changing Validate server certificate for Windows guest ?

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Tue Sep 11 13:59:52 CEST 2018

Hello,

> I have no definite answer. Loading a file with all the details of the
> connection is how it works for Mac, but I am not sure it can be acheived
> with Windows (in fact, eduroam people have worked on that a bit and I
> don't think they came up with any solution, so I don't think it can be
> done).

For the sake of the mailing list archive: this comment is actively
unhelpful and wrong.

https://cat.eduroam.org
https://802.1x-config.org

Or ask a search engine of your choice for "Enterprise Wi-Fi onboarding
tools".

> Test it is my best advice, then if it works, tell you users that all
> they have to do is to accept the certificate on the first connection.

No. They should be pre-provisioned with the expected certificate and
should never be bothered with the term "certificate" at all, or be
trained to accept strange security warnings.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER