WPA2-Entreprise: which certificate to avoid changing Validate server certificate for Windows guest ?

Olivier Olivier.Nicole at cs.ait.ac.th
Wed Sep 12 04:34:30 CEST 2018

Stefan Winter <stefan.winter at restena.lu> writes:

>> Looking at [2], Eduroam's Windows process is much longer and error-prone
>> than Android's one
>> [2] https://www.cs.ait.ac.th/joomla3/index.php/eduroam-set-up
>
> Those instructions make no use whatsoever of onboarding tools which take
> away all that complexity for your users. No wonder it's complicated.
>
>> My goal is simplify this process on Windows machines to the point that
>> guests would only have to fill in their login/password after importing a
>> file.
>> Do you think this can be achieved ?
>> If I'm correctly reading your answer, the answer is (unfortunately) No.
>
> Look at https://cat.eduroam.org for how the eduroam consortium is
> solving this problem for the member institutions.

Thank you Stefan, I know eduroam CAT, but it is useless for me. And
eduroam is not willing to do anything to help: Thailand is not listed in
CAT, the person in charge of Thailand country is not willing to do
anything, eduroam is not willing to kick his butts to remind him of his
duty. Because of the hierarchical nature of eduroam, if an intermediate
level is brain dead, there is nothing you can do.

Best regards,

Olivier