Authenticating against Active Directory using winbind

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Sep 14 18:04:53 CEST 2018

On Sep 14, 2018, at 11:44 AM, Christoffer Jönsson <chrjsn at imap.cc> wrote:

> We don't use Windows for AD.

  Then what are you using?  Samba?

> Every year we install from scratch to confirm our installation guides still work.
> We still have our AD up and running, compiled from source on debian 8 and FR on centos 7 with no troubles.

  What Active Directory is "compiled from source" ?

  Please use the correct names for things.  If you don't use the correct names, any advice we give here is wrong.

> And now our instructions won't work for some magical reason and we are really stuck here.

  What changed?  You're likely not installing the same version of software as last year.  It helps to check that.

> Should I attach the installation guides?

  No.

  Maybe if you're using Samba 4, read the advice here:  http://deployingradius.com/documents/configuration/active_directory.html