Mixing pam and ldap

Douglas Hammond wizhippo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 15:58:43 CEST 2018

using freeradius 3 I have pam working well. I use pam to authenticate
against  winbind and google-authenticator.

I now want to get the user groups from ldap as pam does not pass them along.

I have ldap setup only in authorize.  I see the user lookup performed
and found but no group lookup is done.  When is the group lookup
performed?  Can I mix ldap authorize with pam authenticate like this
or is this not going to work?  Is the ldap group lookup dependant on
the user ldap authentication being successful?