MAC Auth Bypass with default allow

Mark Muehlbauer mmuehlbauer at staypineapple.com
Fri Sep 21 20:14:18 CEST 2018

FreeRadius + MySQL + MAC Authentication Bypass.
Scenario:  I would like to authenticate all incoming MAC addresses as
valid and assign them to VLAN X.  Initially I have this working just fine
using the users file.
Entry in users:
        DEFAULT Cleartext-Password := "%{User-Name}"
        Tunnel-Type = VLAN,
        Tunnel-Medium-Type = IEEE-802,
        Tunnel-Private-Group-Id = "22"

I have MySQL and Radius talking just fine against MAC based
authentication.  However, I cannot find where the same DEFAULT (allow all
MACs) entry should be added to allow this same functionality, but now with
a MySQL backend.
Thank you any and all in advance for your guidance.