FreeRADIUS does not recognize device added in the NAS table

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Sep 30 13:16:48 CEST 2018

On Sep 29, 2018, at 10:39 PM, James Ngo <james.ngobui at gmail.com> wrote:
> Below is the log file content. I highlight one Error that is failed to
> resolve the Nasname PopUpOff to IPv4, etc.... so I changed to the NAS IP
> address but that did not work either.

  Yes, it does work.  If you read the debug output, you see that it's reading the NAS table when the server *starts*.

  And you didn't restart the server after changing the NAS table.

> Sat Sep 29 18:06:41 2018 : Info: rlm_sql (sql): Opening additional
> connection (31), 1 of 31 pending slots used

  Use "radiusd -X".  Honestly... this is documented *everywhere*.

> *Sat Sep 29 18:34:19 2018 : Error: Failed resolving "PopUpOff" to IPv4
> address: Name or service not known*

  Which means that the client is unknown.

  Did you try restarting the server *after* fixing the SQL database?