Help with external authentication using PHP

Ekene Ezeasor ezeasorekene at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 17:22:32 CEST 2019

Hi all,

Please our users' password are encrypted using crypt() (blowfish) function
in PHP. Now I want to use password_verify() to check the submitted password
and I intend doing that in PHP. I have updated my authorize section to use
the external PHP script like this:

update control {
      Auth-type := "/usr/bin/php -f
/etc/freeradius/3.0/php/checkpassword.php %{User-Name} %{User-Password}"
      &Proxy-To-Realm := LOCAL
    }

But only the username is sent to the external PHP file. The password is
empty.

We are already running a large database and it may not be easy to change to
another encryption method. Therefore this is very important and we really
need to implement it.

Please can someone help. Thanks. Regards

___________________________
Ekene Ezeasor
IT Consultant,
Codee Solutions
*Phone*: 08063961963
*Web*: www.codeeltd.com
------------------------------

*DISCLAIMER NOTICE:*
*This e-mail, any attachments thereto and response string is intended
solely for the attention and use of the addressee(s) named herein and may
contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. In the event
that you are not the intended recipient(s) of this e-mail and any
attachments thereto, be notified that any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received or otherwise encountered this e-mail in error, please
immediately notify the sender and permanently delete the e-mail, any
attachments and response string as well as any copy printout in connection
therewith.*