Issue while installing free radius

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Apr 19 18:26:17 CEST 2019

On Apr 19, 2019, at 9:59 AM, Surya Teja <suryateja042 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi i have installed freeradius successfully and radiusd-x status is ok
> to test my installation setup is all ok, I have inserted an entry
> manually into table with below  information as
>  INSERT INTO radcheck (UserName, Attribute, Value, Op) VALUES ('testuser',
> 'testing!23', 'testing!23', ':=');
>  and when i execute the command
>  radtest testuser 'testing!23' 127.0.0.1 0 'testing!23'
>  i am getting as below
>    Sent Access-Request Id 38 from 0.0.0.0:50157 to 127.0.0.1:1812 length 75
>        User-Name = "testuser"
>        User-Password = "testing!23"
>        NAS-IP-Address = 192.168.2.172
>        NAS-Port = 0
>        Message-Authenticator = 0x00
>        Cleartext-Password = "testing!23"
> *Received Access-Reject Id 38 from 127.0.0.1:1812
> to 0.0.0.0:0  length 20*
> (0) -: *Expected Access-Accept got Access-Reject*
> *In  tail -f /var/log/radius/radius.log* i can see as below

  You're ignoring the documentation.  Don't do that.

  This isn't difficult.  You're making it difficult.

  Run the server in debug mode.  The documentation says to do this.

  The more time you waste doing wrong things, the longer it will take to fix the probvlem.

> Info: Need 0 more connections to reach min connections (3)
> Info: Need 0 more connections to reach min connections (3)
>
> ----> Researched in Google and  one of forum it suggest as

  Ignore that.  It isn't relevant.

  And why are you searching for crappy third-party documentation, when the FreeRADIUS documentation tells you what to do?

  It just makes no sense.