Issue with OCSP check

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Aug 5 15:15:24 CEST 2019

On Aug 5, 2019, at 9:01 AM, Antoine JOUBERT via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:

> I had setup and got OCSP working with Freeradius in early 2016. However, I've recently noticed that it's not working anymore, as users with a revoked certificate are still able to connect to the network due to softfail being enabled.

  That's largely what softfail means.

  Arg.  You may want to update to 3.0.19 using the packages on http://packages.networkradius.com

> Our company is using its own PKI, managed with EasyRSA. Every user certificate is signed directly with our CA certificate.
> (7) eap_tls: Starting OCSP Request
> *(7) eap_tls: ERROR: Couldn't get issuer_cert for user*

  The EAP-TLS session doesn't contain the issuer certificate.  Why?  It's not clear.  TLS and user supplicants are magic.  :(

  Update to 3.0.19.  It will then set "request:TLS-OCSP-Cert-Valid = 2" if the OSCP checks were skipped.  You can check for that in policies.