Checking Active Directory group membership with winbind

Alex Jordaan ajordaan at shoprite.co.za
Wed Aug 14 08:32:45 CEST 2019

Hi

I am busy setting up a freeradius system on CentOS7 , I can authenticate
any AD user but want to only Authenticate if user belongs to a certain AD
group

I found this Thread where it explained that winbind module in Freeradius
can do it

http://freeradius.1045715.n5.nabble.com/Checking-Active-Directory-group-membership-with-winbind-td5741346.html

----- snip --------
Usage is similar to rlm_ldap. Enable the winbind module in
mods-enabled, then you can:

  if (Winbind-Group == "my-user-group") {

for an instance of rlm_winbind e.g.
------- snip---------

I have the repo provided freeradius and samba and winbind installed and
can't seem to find the winbind module it are referring to.....

[root at freeradpoc ~]# rpm -qa | grep freeradius
freeradius-doc-3.0.13-10.el7_6.x86_64
freeradius-utils-3.0.13-10.el7_6.x86_64
freeradius-3.0.13-10.el7_6.x86_64
freeradius-krb5-3.0.13-10.el7_6.x86_64
freeradius-ldap-3.0.13-10.el7_6.x86_64
[root at freeradpoc ~]# rpm -qa | grep samba
samba-common-4.8.3-4.el7.noarch
samba-winbind-modules-4.8.3-4.el7.x86_64
samba-client-libs-4.8.3-4.el7.x86_64
samba-client-4.8.3-4.el7.x86_64
samba-libs-4.8.3-4.el7.x86_64
samba-winbind-clients-4.8.3-4.el7.x86_64
samba-common-libs-4.8.3-4.el7.x86_64
samba-common-tools-4.8.3-4.el7.x86_64
samba-4.8.3-4.el7.x86_64
samba-winbind-4.8.3-4.el7.x86_64
[root at freeradpoc ~]#

Is this maybe due to the repo provided packages that I used...?

Regards
*Alex Jordaan*
Linux Engineer

--