Exec and dropped attributes between v2.0 and 3.0

Matthew Newton mcn at freeradius.org
Wed Dec 4 17:36:23 CET 2019

On Wed, 2019-12-04 at 16:25 +0000, Luke Cameron wrote:
> Thanks Mathew as explained, I have got it in debug mode and it
> doesn't tell me anything.

Sure. It will probably tell *us* something if we could see it.

Every single day we waste time asking people to run FreeRADIUS in debug
mode (-X) and posting the output to the list, because that really
matters. I'm sure you understand the duplication here gets very
annoying very fast.

So we wrote it up on a wiki page.

Which was a waste of time really, because nobody reads the wiki page
and does what it says. Which is to *post the output here*. It even
tells you what commands to run and how to capture the output.

Then we usually end up getting complaints that we're being unhelpful.
<sigh>

We know that you can't see stuff in the debug output. Maybe let people
who've read it thousands of times to have a look, too, to find the bits
you missed or didn't understand?

--
Matthew