Double check of sanity with PEAP setup

Adam Taylor ataylor at ulm.edu
Sun Dec 15 17:52:23 CET 2019

So I don't dup the messages for this chain:

Alberto,

Yup!  That is why we are redoing our Freeradius servers, adding redundancy, and getting them off our, ahem...Solaris boxes.....  We never required the suffix part of the user names before....but kinda required for Eduroam.  So we figured a clean install/config would do us some good.

Alan,

Thanks for the explanation.  I do appreciate it.  I was just hoping to find a way that client iOS devices would not have to click the "trust cert" the first time they connect.  Windows doesn't seem to care...but we stress to the students not to click things that look odd and ask first. But they are always asking about that trust screen the first time they connect.  If there is a better way to handle thousands of BYODs you know of without some complicated registration process...I'm all ears!!  Our upper admins want simple and secure...which I try to tell them don't really go together sometimes...

Thanks,

Adam Taylor