Freeradius with EAP and LDAP

Juntunen, Jarkko jarkko.juntunen at bitkompisab.fi
Thu Dec 19 18:25:32 CET 2019

<http://freeradius.1045715.n5.nabble.com/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=5756527&i=0>>
wrote:

> Thanks for Your advice. We have run Freeradius in debug mode couple of
> hours and the problem seems to be ( at least in my opinion) missing of
> password in case of EAP authentication. And the problem is that I have no
> clue how to have Cleartext-password out of EAP-MSCHAP auth.

>  You can't.  It's impossible.

> http://deployingradius.com/documents/protocols/compatibility.html

> Alan DeKok.

So, that means It'll be also impossible to authenticate with Freeradius and
LDAP-server in case in question, if Meraki (Cisco) wifi-endpoints can only
use EAP-MSCHAP authentication? Did I got this right?

Jarkko Juntunen
Partner / Founder / Bit Kompis
Bit Kompis AB
Tel. +358 44 093 1280