strange behavior when EAP is enabled?

Coy Hile coy.hile at coyhile.com
Fri Dec 20 23:17:47 CET 2019

> On Dec 20, 2019, at 4:53 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
>
> On Dec 20, 2019, at 4:22 PM, Coy Hile <coy.hile at coyhile.com> wrote:
>>
>> My initial thought as well; however, even running as user radiusd, I see the same behavior; starts fine in debug mode, and bails with the cited error.  Interestingly, if I run radiusd -f as root, I see the same behavior in the logs and a failure to start.
>
>  Weird.
>
>> Permissions _should_ be fine:
>
>  Well, I blame some weird Linux stuff.  Maybe SELinux?

Not in the least; this particular instance is SmartOS, so at least I have good debugging tools (read: Dtrace) to dig deep after the holiday. Once I figure out what’s up, I’ll definitely post the solution back to the list for posterity. I asked here on the off chance that this were something like “Oh, look, the code does <X> strangeness in debug mode.”

Appreciate your help, Alan.

--
Coy Hile
coy.hile at coyhile.com