Proxy-tester nagios check for Freeradius

Fekete Tamás fektom at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 11:58:53 CET 2019

Hello!

I would like to make a proxy-tester Nagios check for Freeradius and would
like to ask some help for debugging as I experience some problem with using
eapol_test.

The design is that a user wants to authenticate at realm "A" with
credentials stored at realm "B".
The infrastructure already set up for proxying based on the realm names and
the Access-Requests are do forwarded.

I tried this proxy scenario with radtest. And with radtest it works.

However, I have some questions regarding this developer work.
Maybe you can help me.

The first is: is it true, that radtest doesn't encrypt it's messages so
proxy requests will contain the password in a recoverable manner?

-  Tamas Fekete