Problem with migrating from macOS Server to FreeRADIUS 3.0.17

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Feb 10 23:27:09 CET 2019

On Feb 10, 2019, at 4:04 PM, Stephan Jung <raumerkunder at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you. I had some trouble compiling. Probably because my brew installed openssl at 1.1.
>
>  export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/opt/openssl at 1.1/lib"
>  export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/opt/openssl at 1.1/include"
>
> had not been exported. I added them to my .bash_profile and sourced it. Is that correct?

  If it works.

> After some attempts it finally compiled. I copied the files to my brew installation and now:

  You really don't want to do that.  Brew owns the files in that directory, and will over-write them when you accidentally try to do "brew install freeradius".

> The only thing that is mentioned is "Ignoring "ldap" (see raddb/mods-available/README.rst)":
>
> server default { # from file /usr/local/Cellar/freeradius-server/3.0.17/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default
> Ignoring "ldap" (see raddb/mods-available/README.rst)
> } # server default
>
> Is that a problem? Can I do something?

  Read the documentation that the message tells you to read?

  This shouldn't be difficult.

> RADIUS in macOS is really a niche, since Apple is iPhone it is increasingly difficult to get serious feedback on advanced topics … so thanks a lot for your reply! I probably posted in too many places, but since I will leave trace of how I solved it, I am fine with that.

  The documentation already said how to do all this...

  Reading documentation helps, and let's you quickly solve problems.