Output Memory allocation error (0xc0000017)

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Feb 13 14:14:08 CET 2019

On Feb 13, 2019, at 5:58 AM, Burn Zero <burnzerog at gmail.com> wrote:
> Recently Freeradius logged the message "NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED" in the
> authentication logs and users were not authenticated. Additionally, I can
> see the below logs in Freeradius:
>
> ERROR: (3978) ntlm_auth: ERROR: Program returned code (1) and output
> 'NT_STATUS_NO_MEMORY: Memory allocation error (0xc0000017)'

  That error comes from ntlm_auth.

> When we rejoin the Active Directory domain, the issue gets resolved. Not
> sure where the issue lies. Kindly help me.

  If it goes away when you rejoin the AD domain, then the cause of the issue is pretty clear... Samba is not joined to the AD domain.

  Monitor Samba so that (a) it has enough memory, and (b) it's joined to the domain.

  If you have more questions about this, ask on the Samba list.  This isn't an error in FreeRADIUS.  And no amount of poking FreeRADIUS will fix an issue in Samba.